Acting President, London Center for Policy Research
Published in Daily Caller
Former FBI Director James Comey has a list of questions he would like Democrat lawmakers to ask former Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
It’s a rather hysterical attempt at coming across as a neutral arbiter of fact. In reality, Comey hasn’t got a shred of credibility left beyond his cabal of Trump saboteurs with names such as John Brennan, James Clapper and Andrew McCabe.
At this point it would be far more important for Comey to be asked these questions about his role in the witch hunt against President Trump.
- Are your queries for Robert Mueller designed to craft a narrative that fuels impeachment efforts, like the memos you leaked in order to build public pressure to appoint a special counsel?
- When you were investigating connections between the Trump campaign and Russia, did you uncover contacts between the Clinton Campaign and individuals with ties to the Department of Justice? Did the Clinton Campaign and consultants working on their behalf (such as Fusion GPS) try to take advantage of connections they had to the upper echelons of the DOJ in order to spread dirt on candidate Trump?
- Did you find that the United States government instructed individuals to contact a Trump Campaign foreign policy advisor and offer him dirt on the Clinton Campaign? Were those interactions then used to obtain FISA warrants on Trump Campaign officials, without disclosing to the FISA court that the people who initiated the contact were in fact American intelligence assets?
- Did you determine that the Russian lawyer who attended the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting during the 2016 presidential election campaign had ties to Fusion GPS, a firm contracted by the Clinton Campaign to conduct opposition research on then-candidate Trump? Did Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson know about the meeting, or perhaps even play a role in organizing it?
- Did you think that running a secret counterintelligence investigation against the sitting President of the United States was warranted or within the purview of your mandate as FBI Director? Why didn’t you notify either Congress or the president, who asked you directly if he was the target of your investigation, that the politically-sensitive investigation was taking place?
- When you met with President Trump to debrief him about the Steele Dossier, did you share the concerns expressed by your own FBI general counsel that you seemed to be blackmailing the president?
- Did you intentionally fail to disclose that the Steele Dossier, which you later called “salacious and unverified,” was an uncorroborated document when you used it to apply for FISA warrants against members of the Trump Campaign? Did you notify the FISA courts that the dossier was paid for by the Clinton Campaign?
- Can you explain how the FBI mishandled the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server so badly, allowing Clinton to get away with destroying evidence, granting her aides immunity, and letting Clinton testify with a team of lawyers present?
- Why did you implant spies within the Trump administration and send FBI agents to bait the president’s associates into lying?
James Comey has as much credibility as a frog has feathers. His efforts to frame the president are laughable. With two active DOJ investigations that both involve decisions made by Comey during his tenure as the director of the FBI, he may soon have to answer a set of questions not of his own making, and he won’t likely be laughing then.